Phone (1)’s camera has come far since it launched. See the difference for yourself.
We’re proud of Phone (1)’s dual 50 MP camera. Powered by the flagship Sony IMX766 sensor, it delivers exceptional content. And as the Verge (reviewed), “Photos with the two rear-facing cameras in bright light are detailed and vibrant”. All while being accessible.
Since it launched, we’ve been listening to you. And constantly perfecting the hardware and tuning. To boost our camera to its full potential.
Cue 4 major software updates since July. And With the latest Nothing OS 1.1.4 update, its performance is at its best yet. Update your Phone (1) software if you haven’t already in Settings>System Update.
Here’s everything we’ve improved since the first Nothing OS.
Nothing OS 1.1.1 to 1.1.4:
- More natural skin tones when using the front camera.
- Reduced shooting time for night mode images.
- Outdoor scenes are even sharper with multi-frame HDR.
- Optimised colouring of faces outdoors.
- Clearer night shots with low-light HDR.
- Consistent colour quality between the two cameras.
- Improved sharpness thanks to the new motion-detection algorithm.
- Sharper, faster ultra-wide images when using HDR.
- True-to-life night shots with better colour accuracy.
- Clearer, more naturally bright portraits shot on the front camera.
But seeing is believing. So we captured images on Phone (1) using the original software it launched with, and the latest software update. Unedited, as always. Look at the side-by-side comparison and see the difference for yourself.
Get closer. View the images in their full, crystal-clear resolution. Here’s a preview.
Download them all (here).
Read (here) to discover the full extent of Phone (1)’s camera capabilities.
(Learn more) about Phone (1)
The Nothing Team.